Interested in a faith-based approach to global peace and justice issues? Consider an internship with the Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns in Washington, D.C.
As an intern at our Washington, D.C. office, you will
- Research current issues affecting countries where Maryknoll missioners live and work
- Participate in faith- , issue- and region-based coalitions
- Have the opportunity to write articles for NewsNotes, our bi-monthly journal, and for our website
- Gain first-hand understanding of decision-making processes in Washington, D.C.
For all positions, requirements include:
- Interest in and awareness of issues of global justice
- Understanding of/respect for Maryknoll's faith tradition
- Willingness to share office responsibilities
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and good writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- In most cases, an ability to work 15-25 hours/week
- Additional language skills a plus but not necessary
In Washington, D.C., the MOGC is located on New York Avenue near the Convention Center. The Mt. Vernon Square/7th Street Convention Center (green/yellow lines) and the New York Avenue/Gallaudet University/NoMa (red line) metro stops are each about a 10-minute walk from our office.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a faith-based, nonprofit organization. Our office hours are 9 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your possible start and end dates, and note if you are available particular days of the week.