Watch the recording of the webinar from June 9. The webinar was a collaborative effort of the Maryknoll Sisters, Fathers and Brothers, Lay Missioners, and Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns. It was in honor of the International Year for the Elimination of Child Labor (2021) and the World Day Against Child Labor (June 12). The main featured speaker was Sr. Mary Vertucci, MM, of the Emusoi Centre in Tanzania.
Resources for taking action
- Learn more about child labor in the chocolate industry at https://www.slavefreechocolate.org/
- Pray for the dignity of work: https://www.crs.org/sites/default/files/usops-resources/dignity_of_work_...
- Buy fair trade chocolate for faith-based groups at https://equalexchange.coop/general-partnership
- Teach your children about fair trade chocolate and the dignity of work https://www.crs.org/resource-center/childrens-chocolate-activity
- Support organizations such as the Emusoi Centre: http://www.emusoicentre.co.tz/
Resources for more information
Explore the International Labor Organization's website for the World Day Against Child Labor on June 12: https://www.ilo.org/ipec/Campaignandadvocacy/wdacl/lang--en/index.htm
Learn about the campaign to demonstrate that child marriage is a form of child labor: http://childmarriageischildlabour.com/
Watch this short video about child labor around the world from the United Nations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz4qccSVpY