Join us on Good Friday, April 15, at 12 p.m. Eastern Time, for the 2022 Virtual Economic and Ecological Way of the Cross
Along with our co-sponsoring organizations, we invite you to join our live virtual presentation of the Economic and Ecological Way of the Cross.
WHAT: Live presentation of Virtual Economic and Ecological Way of the Cross
Watch it LIVE or Watch the Recording on YouTube.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Susan Gunn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-sponsoring organizations: Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns, Leadership Conference of Women Religious, the St. Columban Mission for Justice, Peace and Ecology, Pax Christi USA, Pax Christi International, Catholic Labor Network, Sisters of Mercy of the Americas - Justice Team, Stuart Center, National Advocacy Center of the Sisters of the Good Shepherd, Franciscan Action Network, Little Friends for Peace, The Quixote Center.
All are welcome.
Based on the Economic Way of the Cross, written by the Religious Working Group on the World Bank/IMF, the Way of the Cross for Economic and Ecological Justice provides a prayerful way to walk the steps of Jesus in this time of financial and ecological crisis. This year, it will be a virtual event.
Each station symbolizes institutional roots of this suffering in government, in transnational corporations, in international financial institutions, in trade agreements, macroeconomic policies, and financial transactions that give shape to economic activity around the world.
Following is the list of stations and the current issues they symbolize.
- FIRST STATION: JESUS IS CONDEMNED TO DEATH
Political privilege and corruption
- SECOND STATION: JESUS BEARS THE CROSS
Structural racism, violence, and voting rights
- THIRD STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- FOURTH STATION: JESUS MEETS HIS MOTHER
The need for community-led development
- FIFTH STATION: JESUS IS HELPED BY SIMON
Indigenous peoples and the environment
- SIXTH STATION: VERONICA WIPES THE FACE OF JESUS
Solidarity and peace
- SEVENTH STATION: JESUS FALLS A SECOND TIME
Wasteful military spending
- EIGHTH STATION: JESUS SPEAKS TO THE WOMEN OF JERUSALEM
Justice for immigrants and citizenship for all
- NINTH STATION: JESUS FALLS FOR THE THIRD TIME Justice for immigrants
Moving forward on climate change
- TENTH STATION: JESUS IS STRIPPED OF HIS CLOTHES
- ELEVENTH STATION: JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
- TWELFTH STATION: JESUS DIES ON THE CROSS
The need for debt relief for impoverished nations
- THIRTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS
Militarism and nonviolence
- FOURTEENTH STATION: JESUS IS PLACED IN THE TOMB
Justice for asylum seekers
- FIFTEENTH STATION: THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS
Signs and seeds of hope / Another world is possible