This Sunday, June 20, is World Refugee Day 2021. Join us in honoring this day through action, prayer, and study.
During the crisis of the past year, refugees experienced heightened vulnerability and challenges when many countries largely closed their doors to them, including the United States. Now, as the United States begins to recover from the pandemic, it is time to push for the restoration of the United States refugee resettlement and asylum systems. Here are some resources for action, prayer, and study for World Refugee Day 2021.
Resources for World Refugee Day 2021
- Contact your Members of Congress to urge them to support restoring the U.S. refugee resettlement program.
- Watch this 40-minute ecumenical prayer service for World Refugee Day, featuring the words of Maryknoll missioners working with refugees and the voices of refugees who have been resettled with the help of U.S. faith communities.
- Pray this prayer for World Refugee Day 2021.
- Explore this toolkit from the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, featuring prayer, education, and action materials
- Read our two-page issue brief on refugee policy from the 2020 election season.