On Sunday, Nov. 6, leaders and climate activists from around the world will converge in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, for the UN Climate Conference, COP27. With a backdrop of floods, droughts, melting polar ice and disappearing wildlife, it will not be hard to hear the cries of the Earth, as Pope Francis urges. But Francis also asks us to listen to the cries of the poor -- those for whom the climate crisis is not the future, it is now. COP27 is well poised to do so, taking place on the African continent that has born a major share of loss and damage from climate change, while contributing the least to its cause.
- Find out more about COP27 from our two-pager
- Watch The Letter, a poignant YouTube Original documentary about Laudato Si'
- Sign the multi-faith letter for a Fossil Fuel Non-Proliferation Treaty
- Make your household part of the solution with actionable guides compiled by Maryknoll Affiliates
- Stay tuned throughout the COP to listen to the voices of grassroots climate activists!
Photo in the public domain from Pixabay.