The Catholic Nonviolence Initiative, a project of Pax Christi International, invites us to celebrate the first ever Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action, beginning September 21 on the International Day of Peace and ending October 2 on the International Day of Nonviolence. This celebration is a time for reflection and education about the importance of nonviolence and its roots in Catholic teaching and for taking action to promote nonviolence and just peace.
Here are some resources for the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action:
- Watch the recording of our 30-minute webinar, “Rethinking Security in a Pandemic: No Justice, No Peace.” In the webinar we discuss alternatives to the national security paradigm, Catholic social teaching on peacebuilding, and more. You can also read our corresponding two-page brief. You can find a webinar and two-page brief on nuclear disarmament here.
- Explore this brochure of resources from Pax Christi International for the Catholic Nonviolence Days of Action, which includes prayers, sample liturgies, action steps, and educational resources.
- Explore resources on our website for the International Day of Peace on September 21.
- Participate in the Campaign Nonviolence Week of Action, September 19-27. Campaign Nonviolence is a project of Pace e Bene which seeks to build a culture of nonviolence.
- Take a vow of nonviolence from Pax Christi USA.